Regional Meeting Committee
The Regional Meeting Committee's purpose is to support meetings to improve the health of the country/region of the application through the education of dermatologists and to encourage meeting attendees to join the global ISD community of members.
By co-sponsoring various national and regional dermatological meetings, the ISD intends to:
- Provide scholarships to young dermatologists and trainees to attend meetings.
- Encourage new members in ISD
- Provide education to physicians with new knowledge and tools for patient care
Applications will be accepted for both in-person and virtual meetings.
Funding up to $5000 will be provided for in-person meetings and up to $1000 for virtual meetings. Meetings that change from in-person to virtual meeting will be funded as virtual meetings. Virtual meetings must have a minimum of 100 participants.
The deadline for applications will be at least 10 months in advance of the meeting, however, since there is a limit of 5 funded meetings per year and only one per country per year, the committee requests that applications be submitted by September 1, 2020 for meetings held in 2021.
Regional Meeting support may include a monetary grant based upon the proposal and its budget. ISD will also advertise the meeting on our website and in appropriate ISD publications.
For an application form and more information, click here.
Upcoming meetings are listed on the ISD calendar of events.
A partial list of past meetings include:
- Meeting on Dermatological Therapy
Catania, Italy (2020)
- Uzbekistan National Society of Dermatology
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (2019)
- African Dermatopathology Conference
Moshi, Tanzania (2016 and 2018)
- African Society of Dermatology & Venereology
Abuja, Nigeria (2016)
- Ethiopian Dermatology & Venereology Society
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (2016)
- Georgian Association of Photodermatology and Skin Cancer
Tbilisi, Georgia (2014)
- International Congress of Tropical Dermatology
Colombo, Sri Lanka (2016)
- ISD Update Course in Dermatology: Maria Duran Regional Meeting
- Many Faces of Dermatology
Dubrovnik, Croatia (2017)
- National Congress of Dermatology/ISD Regional Meeting
New Delhi, India (2016)