To honor the memory of Maria M. Duran, MD, former Secretary-General and Executive Vice-President of the International Society of Dermatology, the Maria M. Duran Committee wishes to recognize potential future female leaders in international dermatology.
Two to Four fellowships will be given each year. The awardees will be required to give an oral presentation of their abstract at the ISD Sister Society Session at the World Congress of Dermatology in Singapore, July 3, 2023 at 1:30pm.
Deadline for Applications is January 31, 2023.
Meeting: World Congress of Dermatology Presenters will need to register.
Dates: July 3-8, 2023
- Female residents in dermatology or within one year of training completion/board examinations
- Preference will be given to ISD members at the time of application
- Preference will be given to those from low income countries
- Letter of recommendation from the Chair of the applicant’s training program and local/regional/national dermatologic society
- Age under 35 years (copy of passport)
- Proficiency in English to deliver presentation
- Present a short summary of their abstract at the ISD Sister Society Meeting at Congress
- Agreement to prepare a report for the IJD about the meeting she attended
- One applicant per dermatology program/department
- Preference will be given for topics focusing on women/children
- You must submit an abstract with your application and submit the abstract to the congress
- An application that includes a copy of the abstract, must be completed below
- Letter of endorsement
- Description of why you would like to attend the meeting
- Brief biography (not a complete CV)
Apply on-line at ISD Maria Duran Fellowship awards
Please send all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org