Maria Duran Scholarships
Maria Duran Fellowship Award
About the Award
To honor the memory of Maria M. Duran, MD, former Secretary-General and Executive Vice-President of the International Society of Dermatology, the Maria M. Duran Committee wishes to recognize potential future female leaders in international dermatology.
The Maria Duran Committee of the ISD will award one to two fellowships of US $1000 (or $2000 for one awardee) each year to attend an ISD sponsored meeting where she will present a poster or oral presentation and registration fees to that meeting will be waived/paid.
November 1, 2018 - applications due.
Meeting: World Congress of Dermatology (WCD) of the ILDS
Place: Milan, Italy
Dates: June 10-15, 2019
- Female residents in dermatology or within one year of training completion/board examinations
- Preference will be given to those from low income countries
- Preference will be given to those living closer to the location of the regional meeting
- Letter of recommendation from the Chair of the applicant’s training program and local/regional/national dermatologic society
- Age under 35 years (copy of passport)
- Proficiency in English to deliver presentation
- Present a short summary of their abstract at the ISD Sister Society Meeting on June 10, 2019
- Agreement to prepare a report for the IJD about the meeting she attended
- Applicants must prepare a budget for submission with the application
- One applicant per dermatology program/department
- You must submit an abstract with your application and submit the abstract to the congress.
- An application that includes a copy of the abstract, must be completed below.
- Letter of endorsement
- Description of why you would like to attend the meeting.
- Brief budget
- Brief biography (not a complete CV).
- Deadline is November 1, 2018.
Apply on-line at ISD Maria Duran Fellowship awards
Questions? Please contact us via email: email@example.com or Tel : +1-386-437-4405