Application to Receive a Mentorship Award:
The applicant should complete the application form with information including field of interest, place, and duration of training. A letter of support from department head / training officer of his institution and / or national / regional society. Applications are accepted through September 15 of each year for funding in the following year.
- At the culmination of the exchange program, the applicant will make a short written report regarding her / his experience and will then submit it to the International Journal of Dermatology for possible publication. The mentor is also encouraged to submit a short report to the International Mentorship Committee (IMC) regarding the training experience.
- The committee will report yearly to the Executive Committee the names of the mentees and the names of the mentors / institutions / universities, which participated in the program. This will also include the type of specialty training that was provided.
Eligibility of Applicants
- All Applicants must be a member of ISD at the time that the application is submitted and throughout the program.
- Preference in all categories is given to medical dermatology programs.
- Category 1
- These young Dermatologists/Residents will receive US $1000 per month from the ISD up to US $2000 for 2 full months. Mentorships for cosmetic procedures and cosmetic surgery will not be given preference. Applicant must be an ISD member for at least two years (or if a resident, ISD member at time of application). Resident-applicants who are 35 years old and below will be given priority. Only 2 awards per country each year.
- Category 2
- Young Dermatologists/Residents suggested by the Committee and receiving variable financial support from Companies. No age limit set.
- Category 3
- Dermatologists/Residents not financially supported. ISD member for at least two years (or if a resident member at time of application). No age limit set.
Application to Serve as a Mentor
ISD members who are willing to serve and have an area of expertise to share may submit an application to be listed as an ISD Mentor. The Mentors are selected by the IMC. To apply, please complete the short application with information including name, address, site of clinic, email, specialty, short CV or biosketch, contact person and availability. The mentor must be an ISD member. There is no financial compensation.
Mentorship Final Report
At the end of your mentorship program, you are required to submit a report on your experience. In part, this report may be used in the ISD Connection Newsletter or on ISD social media.
Please be sure to attach 2-3 photos from your program as jpg files.
Recent Mentorship Award Winners
You can read the reports and view photographs from recently completed mentorship programs in the