Maria Duran Medal Recipients
Maria M. Duran Medalists
The Maria M. Duran Medal was established in the memory of Maria M. Duran, MD, by the leadership of the International Society of Dermatology (ISD) during the AAD meeting in Washington, DC in 2000. The “Maria M. Duran Committee” is charged with recognizing women leaders in dermatology as well as dermatologists who have made significant contributions to dermatologic conditions affecting women and children via the awarding of the Maria M. Duran Medal.
- Rokea el-Azhary, MD (US and Egypt), AAD 2018, San Diego, CA.
- Lidia Rudnicka, MD (Poland), AAD 2017, Orlando, FL.
- Tania Cestari, MD (Brazil), AAD 2016, Washington, D.C.
- Margarita Larralde, MD (Argentina)
- Evangeline B. Handog, MD (Philippines), AAD 2014, Denver, Colorado (Photo)
- Jean Bologna (USA), XI International Congress of Dermatology (2013), New Delhi, India (Photo)
- Bernice Krafchick, MD (Canada), Pediatric Dermatology, AAD 2012, San Diego, California (Photo)
- Jasna Lipozencic MD PhD, (Croatia) Autoimmune Blistering Diseases, what’s new, Zagreb, Croatia 2011 (photo)
- Inderjeet Kaur, MD (India), Indian National Dermatology Convention in Lucknow, India 2010 (photo)
- Preya Kullavanijaya MD (Thailand), RCD, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia 2010 (photo)
- Jana Hercogova, MD (Czech Republic), X International Congress of Deramtology, Prague (photo)
- Wilma Bergfeld, MD (USA) AAD 2008 San Antonio, TX, USA (photo)
- Rachel Birnbaum, MD (Israel) AAD 2008 San Antonio, TX, USA (photo)
- Antonella Tosti, MD (Italy) AAD 2007 Washington DC, USA (photo)
- Lourdes Tamayo, MD (Mexico) AAD 2007 Washington DC, USA (photo)
- Zenab El-Gothamy, MD (Egypt) AAD/2006/San Francisco, USA (photo)
- Marcia Ramos e Silva, MD, PhD (Brazil) CILAD/2005/Cartegna (photo)
- Ana Kaminsky, MD, PhD (Argentina) CILAD/2005/Cartegna (photo)
- Shengqing Ma, MD (China) ICD/2004/China (photo)
- Mercedes Florez, MD (Columbia) 2002 (photo)
- Luna Azulay Abulafia, MD (Brazil) EADV/2002/Prague (photo)
- Boni E. Elewski, MD (USA) EADV/2002/Prague (photo)
- Stefania Jablonska, MD (Poland) EADV/2002/Prague (photo)
- Darina Jarcusková, MD (Slovak Republic) EADV/2002/Prague (photo)
- Anna Fadrhoncová, MD (Czech Republic) EADV/2002/Prague (photo)
- Anna Kobza-Black, MD (United Kingdom) EADV/2002/Prague (photo)
- Nerella Petrini, MD (Italy) EADV/2002/Prague (photo)
- Diane Roseeuw, MD (Belgium) EADV/2002/Prague (photo)
- Luitgard Wiest, MD (Germany) EADV/2002/Prague (photo)