2020 Global Education Award
Travel Grants available to attend the next Congress of Dermatology in location To Be Determined.
ISD is pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships to ISD member residents, fellows or young dermatologists who are presenting oral or poster abstracts at the next Congress, location To Be Determined. Awardees will be expected to give a short oral presentation of their abstract at the ISD Global Education Award Session at the Congress.
This travel grant program is to help defray costs of travel and registration to the meeting. Up to 11 awards will be given in the amount of $1,000 for those traveling from outside of Mexico. A minimum of 5 awards will be given to applicants residing in Mexico in the amount of $800. The basic registration free will be waived for all awardees.
The travel grant funds will be given to successful applicants upon their arrival at the Congress during the ISD Global Education Award Session, date and time to be determined.
Scholarship recipients are responsible for making their own registration for the meeting and travel (including visa) and hotel arrangements.
Applicants must be enrolled in a residency program at the time of the meeting or a young dermatologist under the age of 35 (must be 35 or under at the time of the CCD in April 2020).
Applicants must submit an abstract summarizing the content of a proposed oral or poster exhibit presentation (i.e. presentation submitted to the Continental Congress of Dermatology), an abbreviated curriculum vitae (one-two pages), and a personal statement indicating why the applicant should be selected. ISD must also receive a letter of recommendation, preferably from the applicant’s present or former training director, by the application deadline. For verification of age, a copy of the applicant's passport photo should be included. Applicants should apply online.
Previous recipients of an ISD scholarship or award are not eligible. Applications must be submitted online by December 6, 2019.
Who is eligible?
- This award is available to Dermatologists in private practice or at University Centers, and residents or registrant Dermatology Training Programs with preference giving to those from developing countries.
- The abstract will be shared with the organizers of the Continental Congress of Dermatology.
- Candidates must be members of the ISD at the time of submission. Preference is given to applicants under 35 years of age at the time of Congress.
- Prior award recipients of ISD scholarships, fellowships or grants are not eligible.
Criteria for Selection
- Originality of abstract (how original or unique is their idea, observation or research?)
- Design and methodology utilized in the investigation or research
- The originality of the design methods used in the investigation or research. This includes appropriate use of controls, statistical power of the study, proper technique, logicality of conclusions.
- Clinical usefulness (how useful are the observations or conclusions of the investigator)
- Scientific usefulness (will the study stimulate scientific research)
- Writing style and English grammar (is the abstract written clearly and concisely)
Each of the above criteria will be independently rated by the committee members on a scale ranging from 0 to 10.
Eligible abstracts with the highest total score will receive the award, however, no more than 2 awards per country.
- Abbreviated curriculum vitae (up to two pages only).
- Personal statement indicating why the applicant (you) should be selected.
- Recommendation from the applicant’s former or present training director by the application deadline.
- Must be an ISD member at the time of the application.
- Copy of passport.
Deadline: December 6, 2019