2018 Global Education Award
Fields marked with * are required.
Your form submission WILL be encrypted using SSL to ensure your privacy.
The ISD is accepting applications for scholarships to the 6th Continental Congress of Dermatology in Taipei, Taiwan, November 16-18, 2018.
ISD is pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships to ISD members who are residents or young dermatologists to attend the CCD.
Scholarships awards will be distributed as follows:
Applicants must electronically submit an Abstract (250 words or less) to the ICD Scientific Committee. Go to the 6th Continental Congress of Dermatology web site at https://www.tdmt.org/2018/ to submit your abstract beginning March 1. Abstract must be submitted by May 1 for consideration of award. Submit a copy with your scholarship application.
- Abbreviated curriculum vitae (up to two pages only).
- Personal statement indicating why the applicant (you) should be selected.
- Recommendation from the applicant’s former or present training director by the application deadline.
The Continental Congress of Dermatology is held on years when there is no International Congress of the ISD nor a World Congress of the ILDS.
This travel grant program is to help defray costs of travel and registration to the meeting. Awards will be given in the amount of up to $1,000 depending on distance.
The travel grant will be given to successful applicants upon their arrival at the meeting. Grant recipients will be expected to give a short presentation of their abstract at the meeting.
Scholarship recipients are responsible for making their own Visa, travel and hotel arrangements. The basic registration fees are waived (workshops, social events extra).
Who is eligible?
1. This award is available to Dermatologists in private practice or at University Centers, and residents or registrant Dermatology Training Programs with preference giving to those from developing countries.
2. Candidates must have submitted an abstract directly to the CCD (oral or poster).
3. Candidates must be members of the ISD at the time of submission. Preference is given to applicants under 35 years of age at the time of Congress.
4. Prior award recipients of ISD scholarships, fellowships or grants are not eligible.
The award is a monetary grant to defray the cost of travel to ISD Sponsored meetings. The following criteria will be used in selecting the award.
- Originality of abstract (how original or unique is their idea, observation or research?)
- Design and methodology utilized in the investigation or research
- The originality of the design methods used in the investigation or research. This includes appropriate use of controls, statistical power of the study, proper technique, logicality of conclusions.
- Clinical usefulness (how useful are the observations or conclusions of the investigator)
- Scientific usefulness (will the study stimulate scientific research)
- Writing style and English grammar (is the abstract written clearly and concisely)
Each of the above criteria will be independently rated by the committee members on a scale ranging from 0 to 10.
Eligible abstracts with the highest total score will receive the award, however, no more than 2 awards per country.
Deadline: May 1, 2018