Bid for 2024 Continental Congress of Dermatology of the International Society of Dermatology (ISD)
ISD is inviting proposals to host the 2024 Continental Congress of Dermatology.
Typically, the CCD coincides with the host society’s Annual Meeting or another national/regional professional meeting. Combining the meetings maximizes the attendance of local members, while encouraging more regional and international attendees. The number of congress attendees ranges from 500 to 2000. The bidder must have the support of the host society’s board of directors.
The meetings usually last from 2 to 4 days, and ISD participates in the congress in several ways:
- ISD will provide a grant of $15,000 to support travel awards given as ISD Global Education Awards (selected by the ISD Education Committee), and will hold an educational session for oral presentations to include these awardees (as well as Maria Duran fellows, see below).
- The ISD will present its annual Maria Duran Lecture at the CCD. This lectureship is selected by the ISD Maria Duran Committee, and the awardee receives up to $2000 to offset travel costs to the meeting.
- The ISD Maria Duran Committee will select 2 Maria Duran Fellowships to present at the educational session, with the Global Education Awardees mentioned above. Each recipient will receive $1,000 for travel expenses.
- The above awards will help increase the number of international presenters at the congress.
- The ISD will advertise the CCD on its website, in publications, on social media, and at international meetings such as the AAD and EADV Congresses. One or more ISD Executive Committee members will attend the CCD, and you may also invite them to give a lecture.
- The host society will share a portion of their revenues with ISD, normally a per registrant fee based on the host country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per capita. The scale is described on page 2 in the attached generic agreement
If you are interested in submitting a letter of intent, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Dates and location of planned meeting
- Preliminary program
- Preliminary list of speakers
- Anticipated number of attendees
- List of local organizing committee members
- Preliminary budget, including registration fees
- English is currently the language of international meetings. If your congress is not in English, please describle how you propose to accommodate English speakers for presentations and as audience members.
- Your willingness to sign an agreement within 90 days of notification, if selected as host.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to working with you in the future. If you have any questions, please email Tara Winton at firstname.lastname@example.org.